Sep 4, 2013
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- With the beginning of football season only days away, the University of Kentucky event management staff has announced the following reminders and changes to game day operations on Saturdays at Commonwealth Stadium this fall.
What UK Football Fans Need to Know for Home Games in 2013
- University of Kentucky officials have produced the following video to assist guests with our goal of a first-class game day experience.
- VIDEO: What UK Football Fans Need to Know
Commonwealth Stadium Gate Security & Carry-In Policy
- The University of Kentucky is committed to our primary mission of providing safe and secure venues. Based in large part on industry standards regarding security at large assembly events, the University of Kentucky is implementing a new bag policy at Commonwealth Stadium.
- Backpacks and large bags are prohibited from entering Commonwealth Stadium. Fans will be permitted to bring in one small bag, no larger than 13.5 inches x 10 inches x 7 inches. The bag must fit within sizing bins at all entrance gates. UK officials are encouraging fans to arrive early and bring as few items as possible into the stadium.
- Gates 4, 9, 12 and suites will open two hours prior to kickoff.
- All other public gates will open 1 ½ hours prior to kickoff.
- Woodland Avenue will be closed to one lane from Columbia Avenue to Rose Lane. Northbound traffic will be rerouted into the southbound lane. Traffic traveling south on Woodland Avenue will be detoured onto Rose Lane to Rose Street to Columbia and back to Woodland Avenue.
As a reminder, below is a detailed description of the changes/enhancements continued for the 2013 season:
- Questions, concerns or requests? Utilize GuestAssist for real-time guest services and assistance on game day.
- GuestAssist brings Commonwealth Stadium’s guest services to your fingertips, enabling you to start a text message conversation with Commonwealth Stadium staff directly. Whether you need parking information or location of specific stadium services, GuestAssist makes it simple and easy.
- Download the free GuestAssist app to your smartphone via the App Store or Android Marketplace, or text CATS to 78247 with your message and seat location. The GuestAssist app provides a wealth of game day information and guest service functions.
- For real-time updates regarding game day information, follow UK Athletics-Gameday on Twitter: @UKGamedayInfo.
- The University of Kentucky encourages all guests to recycle. As you tailgate around the stadium, we ask that you place all recyclables into any of the recycling receptacles stationed throughout the area.
- If you are parking in any of the colored reserved parking lots, you will be given recycling bags as you enter the parking lots. Please deposit aluminum cans, plastic or glass bottles. Please do not deposit FOOD or PAPER in these bags. Before you leave the lots to enter the game, please leave your bags at the back of your vehicle and collectors will pick up your recyclables during the game.
- If you tailgate postgame, please locate the nearest recycling receptacle and deposit your recyclable beverage containers before you leave.
- During the game, while inside Commonwealth Stadium, please deposit any recyclable beverage containers into the designated Coca-Cola receptacles.
Tow-Behind Trailer Policy
- Tow-behind trailers will not be allowed to park on paved surface lots within the Commonwealth Stadium complex, unless they too have a parking permit.
- Guests bringing a tow-behind trailer on game day, without a parking permit for the trailer, will be directed to the nearest grass lot (Orange or Purple). All tow-behind trailers will be directed to park in the periphery of the Orange or Purple grass lots.
- Guests desiring to bring a tow-behind trailer without a parking permit for the trailer may contact the KFund parking office (859.257.6300) in advance to set up an in-person exchange of their Red, Blue or Green permit for an Orange or Purple grass lot permit.
Guest Golf Cart Use
- In the interest of safety for all guests, pedestrians, etc., guests’ golf carts will be prohibited on the Commonwealth Stadium Complex to include all parking lots, sidewalks, streets, etc.
- This includes motorized scooters/coolers, etc.
- Scooters used by individuals with disabilities will be permitted.
Cooper Drive Tailgate & Parking
- Tailgate setups and vehicle parking may begin no earlier than noon on Fridays prior to game day.
- Beginning at noon on Friday, two vehicles will be permitted to parallel park outside/along the painted 6’ restraining line, within each designated tailgate box/area. Vehicles will be restricted from parking in any water retention ditches, flood areas, sidewalks and any other marked areas.
Game day traffic on hospital drive - UK Medical Center Emergency Room
- Hospital Drive, connecting Limestone and University Drive, will be closed for Emergency Room traffic only on game day. Guests with Parking Structure #1 permits may access Parking Structure No. 1 via University Drive only.
Please visit the UK football game day website for all your game day information needs:
- What’s New in 2013
- GuestAssist – Customer service text-messaging system
- Directions & Pre/Postgame Traffic
- Parking/Tailgating Policies
- Downtown & Campus Shuttles
- RV Information – permitted RVs, non-permitted RVs
- Maps – Permit Parking, Non-Permit Parking, Pre/Postgame Traffic Flow, Campus Shuttle, Downtown Shuttle, Stadium Diagram
- Commonwealth Stadium A-Z – Stadium services, policies & procedures
- About Lexington
- Traditions – The Cat Walk, Wildcat Refuge, UK Marching Band Parade, Countdown to Kickoff
Should you have questions/concerns regarding your game day experience, please submit an email to the UK game day email account (UKGameday@uky.edu). The University of Kentucky Athletics Event Management Staff will respond to your inquiries in a timely manner.