SEC Cross Country Athletes of the Week (Sept. 24, 2013)
Men’s Runner of the Week: Stanley Kebenei, Arkansas
• Named the USTFCCCA National Athlete of the Week on Sept. 23.
• Captured the individual title at the Missouri Southern Stampede this past weekend, navigating the 8K course in an SEC-leading time of 23:25.75.
• Beat the Missouri Southern Stampede field by more than 28 seasons and is now 2-for-2 on the year, having also posted a win in the season-opener in Fayetteville.
• Posted a 1-2 finish at the Missouri Southern Stampede for the Razorbacks, who finished second overall despite running without three of their top runners.
Women’s Runner of the Week: Dominique Scott, Arkansas
• Captured the individual title at the Aztec Invitational this past weekend in a 5K time of 17:33, besting a field of 50 participants.
• Helped pace the Arkansas team to a victory and a perfect score of 15, a feat the Razorbacks have accomplished in every outing this season.
• Currently ranks among the SEC’s top-10 individually with her time of 17:33 at the 5K distance.
Men’s Freshman Runner of the Week: Aidan Swain, Arkansas
• Finished ninth overall and fourth for the Razorbacks at the Missouri Southern Stampede, clocking an 8K time of 25:40.62.
• Was the first freshman across the line for Arkansas in the race.
• Helped Arkansas finish second as a team, in a field that included Oklahoma and No. 6 Tulsa.
Women’s Freshman Runner of the Week: Rachel Givens, Auburn
• Placed second overall and was Auburn’s top finisher at the Georgia State Invitational this past weekend with a personal-record 4K time of 14:25.86.
• Led a quartet of Auburn runners who all finished in the race’s top 10, amidst demanding terrain at the Nash Farm Battlefield Park, in a field that was comprised of 73 participants.
• Helped Auburn pick up a team victory at the event.