The Southeastern Conference announced its most recent volleyball players of the week on Monday, recognizing outstanding performances from another week of action on the court.
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Outside Hitter, Missouri
6-1 • Sr. • Blue Springs, Mo.
• Averaged 4.86 kills and 5.86 points per set on .309 hitting, including a season-high 24 kills in a 3-1 win over Arkansas. Added 10 digs vs. the Razorbacks for her fourth double-double of the season
• Also added 2.57 digs, 0.71 aces, 0.57 assists and 0.57 blocks per set on the week
• Led a balanced Mizzou attack with 10 kills in a sweep of Auburn, pitched in a career-best five service aces in the win over AU
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-6 • Sr. • Queen Creek, Ariz.
• Logged 66 digs in a 2-1 week for Arkansas
• Tallied a career-high 32 digs in a win at South Carolina, became the first Arkansas player to record 30 digs in one match since the 2009 season
• Recorded 20 digs in a four-set win over Auburn, was part of the Razorback defense that held the Tigers to .124 hitting as a team
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Right Side, Florida
6-1 • Olney, Md.
• Registered one error the entire weekend, hitting .567 combined in Florida’s sweeps of Texas A&M and Alabama
• Tallied 10 kills in Florida’s 3-0 win over Texas A&M, hitting .474
• Recorded a .727 hitting percentage at Alabama Sunday, notching eight kills in the three-set victory; helped Florida hit .529 as a team against the Crimson Tide, the third-highest hitting percentage in a single match in program history
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
• • Juliette Thévenin (OH, South Carolina) – Averaged 4.56 kills and 2.67 digs per set last week; had 23 kills and 11 digs in a four-set win over Texas A&M
• • Chloe Mann (MB, Florida) – Hit .737 (14-0-19) in a sweep of Alabama, took over the top spot as the NCAA career leader in hitting percentage
• • Simone Antwi (MB, Florida) – Hit .611 with just one error in Florida’s sweeps of Texas A&M and Alabama, led all hitters in the victory over A&M (12 kills)
• Brittany Northcutt (OH, Georgia) – Earned her 1,000th career-kill against Ole Miss, tallied 16 kills and 12 digs in the five-set win over the Rebels
• Morgan Bergren (S, Kentucky) – Dished out 10.5 assists per set, led UK to a .391 hitting percentage combined in a pair of sweeps against SEC foes
• Shelby Sullivan (MB, Texas A&M) – Hit a career-high .632 and tied her career-best with 13 kills vs. South Carolina
• Darian Dozier (MB, South Carolina) – Had a career-high 18 kills in a win over Texas A&M, hit .571 against the Aggies and added six blocks
• Jackie Napper (L, Kentucky) – Averaged 5.67 digs per set in a 2-0 week for UK, tallied a career-high 18 digs in a sweep of Ole Miss
• Breana Jones (MB, Arkansas) – Posted a career-high 12 kills in a 3-1 win over Auburn, also hit .500 vs. the Tigers
• Brittany Thomas (OH, Alabama) – Paced the Tide with 24 kills; averaged 3.43 kills, 1.43 digs and 0.57 blocks per set last week
• Anni Thomasson (OH, Kentucky) – Averaged 2.33 kills, 2.83 digs and 0.67 aces per set last week, hit .545 (6-0-11) in a sweep of Tennessee
• Jazzmin Babers (MB, Texas A&M) – Tied her career-high with 10 kills while hitting a career-high .474 (10-1-19) at South Carolina