No. 15 Kentucky (13-4, 5-1 SEC) at Georgia (14-6, 4-4 SEC)
Wednesday, Oct. 23 • 6 p.m. ET • ESPNU/WatchESPN.com
Georgia hosts No. 15 Kentucky in the SEC Volleyball Match of the Week on Wednesday, Oct. 23, 6 p.m. ET on ESPNU. The match will also be streamed online at WatchESPN.com. The Bulldogs enter Wednesday’s contest with a 14-6 (4-4 SEC) mark and are led by Lauren Teknipp and Stacey Smith’s 2.43 kills per set in SEC play. Allison Summers’ 4.40 digs per set in conference play ranks sixth in the league while Jasmine Eatmon is ninth in the SEC with a .376 attack percentage in conference play. The 13-4 (5-1 SEC) Wildcats are paced by Whitney Billings, who ranks third in SEC play with 4.16 kills per set. Middle blocker Alexandra Morgan is second in conference play in blocks per set (1.37 bps) while libero Jackie Napper averages 4.53 digs per set, good for fifth in league play.
Kentucky leads the all-time series 36-24. The Wildcats have won 15 straight contests, all under head coach Craig Skinner. In 2012, the Wildcats downed the Bulldogs 3-2 in Athens and 3-1 in Lexington.
• Georgia’s match against Kentucky marks the third time in three matches that the Bulldogs have faced a ranked team. The Bulldogs dropped a 3-0 decision to then No. 2 Florida before falling 3-1 to then No. 18 Missouri. Georgia is 0-3 this season against ranked teams.
• Despite dropping a pair of matches last weekend, the Bulldogs are 30 in the latest NCAA Volleyball RPI. Overall, the SEC has six teams ranked in the top 30 in RPI this week.
• Georgia hit over .300 as a team for the first time against a ranked team this season when it registered a .307 attack percentage against then No. 18 Missouri last Friday. The Bulldogs racked up 58 kills versus Mizzou.
• UK is coming off one of its toughest weekends of the year. The Wildcats fell 3-0 at then No. 2 Florida on Oct. 11 before posting a 3-0 triumph at South Carolina two days later. Kentucky is 5-1 in SEC play, and the loss at Florida snapped a seven match winning streak.
• Whitney Billings logged a career-high 18 kills in the sweep of South Carolina on .484 hitting to lead the way for the ‘Cats. She also logged her 38th career double-double with a 10-dig performance as well. UK had three players register five or more blocks including six from Alexandra Morgan.
• Kentucky’s Memorial Coliseum will play host to the NCAA Regionals Dec. 13-14. UK is one of four sites selected for the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight matchups with one team advancing to the Final Four in Seattle, Wash., from the Lexington Region. This is the second time in three seasons Memorial Coliseum will host NCAA Regionals.