The Southeastern Conference announced its most recent volleyball players of the week on Monday, recognizing outstanding performances on the court from around the league.
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Middle Blocker, Florida
6-2 • Sr. • Gainesville, Fla.
• Had a career-high 22 kills in the Gators’ five-set victory at Texas A&M, hitting a match-high .606
• Led Florida in kills and hitting percentage in both matches on the weekend, tallying 14 kills (.522) in a 3-1 victory at LSU on Friday
• Averaged 4.00 kills and 4.33 kills per set last week on .571 hitting (36-4-56)
SEC CO-DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-6 • Sr. • Nashville, Tenn.
• Moved into the SEC’s top-10 all-time career digs chart on Friday with a 14-dig performance vs. Auburn
• Had 31 scoops in a four-setter against Georgia, marking her sixth match this season with 30 or more digs
• Averaged 6.43 digs per set and recorded no reception errors over the weekend
SEC CO-DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-7 • Jr. • Muncie, Ind.
• Matched her season high with 21 digs at LSU
• Was perfect on serve receive last week with 32 errorless receptions
• Had career-high six service aces, including back-to-back aces in the fifth set to seal UF’s win over Texas A&M. She helped push the Gators on an 8-0 run in the third set. In that stretch, Unroe tallied four of her six aces
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
Right Side, Florida
6-1 • Olney, Md.
• Tallied 34 kills over the weekend, including a career-high 21 vs. Texas A&M on Sunday
• Hit a combined .415 in both matches last week (34-7-65)
• Was a key contributor in the UF comeback on Sunday, she had six kills in both the second and fourth sets vs. A&M
OTHER TOP PERFORMANCES
• • Camila Jersonsky (MB, Auburn) – Had 14 kills, seven blocks and a .619 attack percentage in a sweep of Mississippi State
• Molly Kreklow (S, Missouri) – Set Mizzou to .368 hitting and 15.33 kills per set in wins over Ole Miss and No. 19 Kentucky last week, averaged 13.33 assists per set
• Kimmy Gardiner (OPP, Mississippi State) – Tallied a career-high 23 kills in a four-set match vs. Alabama, her second consecutive 20+ kill performance
• Angela Lowak (OH, Texas A&M) – Led the Aggies with 18 kills will hitting .406 in a 3-2 loss to No. 5 Florida
• • Alexandra Morgan (MB, Kentucky) – Had a season-high 14 kills on .591 hitting (14-1-22) in a 3-1 win over Arkansas; added six blocks on the defensive end vs. the Razorbacks
• • Brittany Northcutt (OH, Georgia) – Posted her sixth double-double of the season (11 kills, 12 digs) vs. Tennessee, Georgia’s first win in Knoxville since 2001
• • Sara Schwarzwalder (MB, Kentucky) – Led the defensive charge for the Wildcats in a 1-1 week; registered a career-high nine blocks in UK’s win over Arkansas on Friday
• • Sarah Wroblicky (L, Auburn) – Averaged 6.17 digs per set over two matches; had 21 digs in a sweep of Tennessee, a season-high for a three-set match
• • Heather Reynolds (L, Texas A&M) – Led all players with a season-high 18 digs against No. 5 Florida
• • Roxanne McVey (L, Mississippi State) – Posted 29 kills over the weekend to go along with three assists
• • Anni Thomasson (OH, Kentucky) – Had back-to-back double-digit kill efforts last week; had a career and match-high 15 kills at Missouri
• • Carly Kan (OH, Missouri) – Averaged 3.83 kills per set on .306 hitting last week; tallied her fifth career double-double with 11 kills and 13 digs against Ole Miss
• • Krystal Rivers (MB, Alabama) – Had 19 kills against Mississippi State, the Tide’s only match of the week; hit .562 with one error vs. the Bulldogs
• • Melanie Crow (RS, Ole Miss) – Recorded a team-high nine kills at Missouri; her .529 hitting percentage (9-0-17) at Mizzou marked a career-high