The Southeastern Conference announced its most recent women's basketball honors on Monday, recognizing outstanding performances on the court after another week of action around the league.
Co-Players of the Week
Tia Faleru • Ole Miss
Junior • Forward
• Averaged a double-double for the week with 18.5 points and 10.0 rebounds per game in wins over Southeastern Louisiana and Tennessee State.
• Nabbed her fourth double-double of the season against Southeastern Louisiana, scored 15 points and nabbed 10 rebounds in the second half .
• Also scored 12 of her 19 points against Tennessee State in the second half.
• The Southeastern Louisiana game marked Faleru’s second consecutive double-double, a feat she has done twice this season and a first for a Rebel since Nikki Byrd in 2011-12.
• Season highs in assists (4) and steals (4) against Southeastern La.
Bri Kulas • Missouri
Senior • Forward
• Averaged 20 points per game on the week after a career-high 27-point performance against SEMO to lead the Tigers to victory.
• Leads Mizzou with an average of 16.2 points per game, and 81 points on the season.
• Her two last-second makes from the charity stripe guaranteed the Tigers’ win over UT Martin on Saturday.
• Also had 13 rebounds, six assists, two blocks and a steal on the week.
• Is the only Tiger to average double-figure scoring so far this season.
Freshman of the Week
Jessica Jackson • Arkansas
• Jackson paced Arkansas in scoring in two of three games this week.
• She scored a season/career-best 22 points in win over MTSU.
• Recorded season/career-best nine rebounds against MTSU.
• Leads team with 14.8 ppg this season.
• Scored a season/career-best four three pointers against MTSU.
• Went 8-for-10 from the line against MTSU for a season/career-best.
• Season/career-best four assists against Missouri State.
• For the week shot .455 (10-for-22), going 5-for-9 (.556) from the three-point line.
• Also shot .750 (15-for-20) from the free throw line.