SEC Swimming and Diving Athletes of the Week (January 14, 2014)
Male Swimmer of the Week: Sean Lehane, Tennessee
• Helped Tennessee to a pair of win against Missouri and Virginia Tech.
• Posted a season-best time of 1:44.84 in the 200 backstroke and a career best of 1:51.34 in the 200 IM.
• Has won the 200 backstroke four times this season and te 100 backstroke four times.
• Every time he has swam the 200 backstroke this season, it has also been an NCAA B-cut time. His time in the 100 back also was a B-cut.
• Also swam on Tennessee’s 400 freestyle relay team.
Male Diver of the Week: Sean McKinney, LSU
• Broke the LSU school record on the 3-meter with a score of 425.70. His score is 10 points better than his original school record, set in the Art Adamson Invitational.
• Also competed on the 1-meter and 3-meter against SMU. Earned 2nd on 1-meter (349.35) and third on 3-meter (360.23).
Co-Male Freshman of the Week: Taylor Dale, Georgia
• In Georgia’s meets at Texas A&M and at Texas, Dale swept the 100 backstroke races and was on two victorious 200 medley relays.
• Against the Aggies, Dale touched first in the 100 backstroke with a time of 48.92.
• He led off the 200 medley relay that won with a time of 1:29.32.
• Against the Longhorns, Dale claimed the 100 backstroke in 48.34.
• Led off the 200 medley relay that stopped the clock with a first-place time of 1:28.79.
Co-Male Freshman of the Week: Joe Patching, Auburn
• Earned his second consecutive win in the 100 backstroke (48.09) in his first action since the Auburn Invite.
• Led off the 200 MR with a 22.70 split to key Auburn’s first-place finish.
• Made his first career appearance in the 400 IM and won with a swim of 3:54.17.
• Leads the Auburn men with seven event wins in the 2013-14 season.
Female Swimmer of the Week: Melanie Margalis, Georgia
• In Georgia’s tie at No. 2 Texas A&M and win at No. 8 Texas, Margalis won four times.
• Against the Aggies, Margalis won the 200 backstroke with a season-best and B-cut-improving time of 1:55.99.
• Won the 400 individual medley in 4:10.47, more than five seconds faster than the second-place finisher.
• In the win over Texas, she won the 100 breaststroke in 1:00.81 and the 200 individual medley with a time of 1:57.67.
Female Diver of the Week: Laura Ryan, Georgia
• In Georgia’s tie at No. 2 Texas A&M and win at No. 8 Texas, Ryan swept the springboards.
• Against the Aggies, she won the 1-meter with 308.71 points and the 3-meter with 366.52 points.
• Against the Longhorns, she registered 319.58 points on 1-meter and 375.08 points on 3-meter.
• Both efforts in the Texas meets were season highs and improved her Zone qualifying scores.
Female Freshman of the Week: Heather Lundstrom, Tennessee
• Helped Tennessee defeat both Missouri and Virginia Tech this weekend.
• Won the 200 butterfly for the fourth time this season with a time of 2:00.03.
• Her time in the 200 IM (2:04.87) was a career-best by more than two seconds.
• Also placed third in the 100 butterfly in a time of 55.80.