SEC Gymnasts of the Week (January 21, 2014)
SEC Gymnast of the Week: Bridget Sloan, Florida
• Won at least a share of four event titles at No. 18 Auburn, as the Gators opened league action with a 197.075-196.225 win. Florida’s total is the nation’s top road total of 2014.
• Sloan’s 39.70 to claim her seventh all-around title as a Gator is the nation’s high total of this young season. A Gator has turned in an all-around total of 39.70 or better now 15 times – and Sloan has one third of those titles.
• Equaled her collegiate vault best of 9.95 to share that event title and earned a 9.90 to also share the floor win.
• Claimed her seventh collegiate uneven bars title with her season-best mark of 9.925.
• The four event wins in a single dual meet is a high for Sloan. She now owns 26 event titles at Florida.
SEC Event Specialist of the Week: Chelsea Davis, Georgia
• Helped the Gym Dogs knock off No. 2 LSU with a career-high 9.975 on bars and a 9.9 on vault. Davis’ 9.975 is the highest bars score of any gymnast this season.
• Tied her career high on vault with a 9.9 against LSU, and she added a 9.825 against the Hawkeyes to tie for second in both meets.
• With the 9.975 on bars against LSU, Davis is now ranked No. 1 in the nation on the uneven bars.
• Helped the Gym Dogs post the second-highest score in the country this season with a 197.400 against Iowa.
SEC Freshman of the Week: Kiera Brown, Georgia
• Helped Georgia to a 197.400 against Iowa – the second-best score nationally this season – with a season-high 9.95 on bars.
• Brown’s routine against Iowa was the first of three consecutive 9.95s by the Gym Dogs on bars.
• It was the first career event title for the freshman from Newport News, Va.