SEC Gymnasts of the Week (February 4, 2014)
SEC Gymnast of the Week: Bridget Sloan, Florida
• In a meet that paired the nation’s top-two ranked teams, Bridget Sloan turned in the nation’s top total of 2014 of 39.75 to take her third consecutive all-around title. That total equals her collegiate-best total for the fourth time, with the last coming in 2013 NCAA Super Six competition.
• She has the nation’s No. 1 (39.75) and No. 2 (39.70 2x) all-around totals of 2014.
• Sloan also collected at least a share of three apparatus titles versus Oklahoma – vault (9.95), bars (9.90) and beam (9.95). The vault and beam marks set or matched Gator season-bests. It was the second time this season she has claimed four event titles in a single meet (also at Auburn Jan.17).
• She helped Florida earn the nation’s second-highest team total (197.875) of the season. Sloan leads the Gators with 11 event titles in 2014.
SEC Specialist of the Week: Lloimincia Hall, LSU
• LSU junior Lloimincia Hall tied her career highs on floor and beam with a perfect 10.0 and a 9.875, respectively, to help the Tigers post a 197.650 and the first victory against Alabama since the 2010 season.
• It marked the third 10.0 of Hall’s career, all on floor, and it punctuated LSU’s victory as the final performance of the meet.
• Hall ranks second in LSU history with three 10.0s on floor in her career, trailing only April Burkholder who scored four 10s on floor in her career. It also marked Hall’s second 10.0 on floor against Alabama in her career.
• Hall’s 10.0 in the anchor position guided LSU to the nation’s third-highest team floor total with a 49.550.
• Her 9.875 on beam came from the leadoff spot, and the Tigers used her momentum to finish with a 49.125 and earn the fifth-highest team score in school history with the 197.650.
SEC Freshman of the Week: Katie Bailey, Alabama
• Katie Bailey posted her highest road score of the season in the all-around at LSU with a 39.300, which was also her second highest score of the season.
• She scored a career-best 9.850 on the balance beam in front of 8,055 vocal and enthusiastic LSU fans, helping the Tide to a 49.275 team score on the event.
• It was Bailey’s fourth all-around in as many meets.
• Along with senior Sarah DeMeo, she leads the Crimson Tide’s in routines in the competitive lineup.