SEC Swimming and Diving Athletes of the Week (February 4, 2014)
Men’s Swimmer of the Week: Brad deBorde, Florida
• Florida’s only two-event winner in its win against No. 18 Tennessee in Knoxville.
• Swept the sprint events and led off the first-place 400 freestyle relay.
• The second-ranked Florida men completed a perfect dual meet season for the third consecutive year.
• Won the 50 freestyle in 19.96 and the 100 freestyle in 44.47.
• The senior is poised for a big postseason in the sprint events, breaking the 20-second barrier in the 50 free four times already this spring.
Men’s Diver of the Week: Greg Ferrucci, Kentucky
• Had a pair of season-high dives to win both events on Senior Day against Cincinnati.
• In the 1-meter event, posted a 398.25 to shatter his previous season-best by more than 20 points. His score is the second-best in the SEC this season.
• In the 3-meter competition, tallied 374.33, a season-best by nearly 30 points and a mark that is in the top-10 in the SEC in 2013-14.
Men’s Freshman of the Week: Joe Patching, Auburn
• In Auburn’s win against South Carolina, won for the third time this season in the 100 back (48.35) with the best time since November’s Auburn Invitational.
• Earned the first win of his career in the 200 IM (1:49.94).
• Appeared in the 200 butterfly (1:52.11), finishing fourth.
Women’s Swimmer of the Week: Lindsay Gendron, Tennessee
• Celebrated Senior Day in style. Won all three of her individual events and then swam the anchor leg of the winning 400 freestyle relay team to end the meet and secure the upset victory for Tennessee
• Her time in the 100 fly was a career best
• All three of her individual times were NCAA B-cuts
Women’s Diver of the Week: Ann-Perry Blank, Georgia
• In Georgia's win over Alabama at Gabrielsen Natatorium, Blank won the 1-meter springboard in record-setting fashion.
• She recorded 327.98 points on 1-meter to break Georgia's dual/invitational record and the Gabrielsen Natatorium record, both of which were set in 2011.
• She improved her Zone Championships qualifying score on 1-meter.
• Blank came in second on 3-meter with 334.28 points.
• Blank helped the Lady Bulldogs finish undefeated at 10-0-1 and extend their Georgia all-sports home win streak to 89 straight.
Women’s Freshman of the Week: Kara Kopcso, LSU
• Posted three individual wins on the weekend to improve her season total to 11, capturing victories in the 200 freestyle, the 200 IM and and 400 IM.
• Posted a career-best time of 1:49.01 in the 200 freestyle and a career-best time of 2:00.38 in the 200 IM.