The Southeastern Conference announced its most recent men's tennis weekly honors on Wednesday, recognizing outstanding performances on the court from around the league.
Anton Kovrigin • Vanderbilt
Junior • Rockville, Md.
• Kovrigin was a key part of the 4-2 win over No. 29 Northwestern. • Kovrigin with partner Jeff Offerdahl clinched the doubles point for the Commodores, their first this year against a ranked opponent.
• Kovrigin and Offerdahl have now won five-straight matches and improve to 2-0 in dual play.
• In singles Kovrigin set up the clinch with his win at No. 4.
• After dropping his first set 7-5 in the tiebreak, Kovrigin stormed back to win the next two sets, to improve to 4-0 in dual play.
||Mihir Kumar, Northwestern
||W 5-6 (5), 6-1, 6-3
Andrew Schafer • South Carolina
Hilton Head Island, S.C.
• Remained undefeated in singles with three wins last week, including team’s only singles point against Georgia Tech.
• Was last match on court with score tied 3-3 against Middle Tennessee State and delivered the victory.
• Yielded just one game in straight-set win over Parks Thompson of Wofford.
T • eamed with Andrew Adams to clinch doubles point at Georgia Tech, winning in a tiebreak for the second-straight match.
||Anish Sharma, Georgia Tech
||W 6-2, 6-0
||Sam Matheson, Middle Tennessee
||W 6-4, 6-4
||Parks Thompson, Wofford
||W 6-1, 6-0
(with Andrew Adams)
||Fiegel/Sharma, Georgia Tech
||W 6-5 (3)
||Hoang/Matheson , Middle Tennessee