• On the weekend had a .533 batting average, belting four home runs and one double with eight RBI and four walks.
• Had two home runs in UF’s win vs. Hawaii and one each vs. Cal State Northridge and Minnesota.
• In the win against Ohio State, went 2-for-2 with a double, a stolen base and three RBI.
• She tied her career highs in hits and home runs against Hawaii.
• Also pitched a complete game in Friday’s 8-1 win over Seattle (W, 3-0, 7.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 K).
Pitcher of the Week
Ellen Renfroe • Tennessee
Senior • Jackson, Tenn.
• 2-0 with a pair of seven-inning shutouts and 12-strikeout performances against Pittsburgh and Illinois.
• Had a no-hitter going through 6.2 innings against Pittsburgh. She was just one out away from recording Tennessee’s 40th no-hitter.
• Had a gutsy performance in the circle against a previously unbeaten Illinois team (8-0 entering the game) late on Saturday night. The game started at 10:40 p.m. ET due to previous games in the USF Tournament running long and ended at 1:05 a.m. ET Sunday morning.
• Renfroe was dominant from start to finish, fanning 12 Illinois batters over seven shutout innings to remain a perfect 4-0 with a perfect 0.00 ERA in four complete-game starts this season.
Freshman of the Week
Alexis Silkwood • Mississippi State
Pitcher • LEast Alton, Ill.
• Improved to 2-0 over the weekend and earned her first-career save in 13.2 innings pitched.
• She struck out an MSU freshman record 12 batters at FAU in the second game of the DH, fanning at least two in five of the game’s seven frames.
• During the tournament, she held opponents to a .089 batting average with a .083 mark with runners on base (one-for-12) and did not surrender a two-out hit during the tournament.
• In the FAU win, Silkwood allowed just three base runners with a leadoff single in the fifth inning, an error in the seventh and a hit by pitch in the seventh. Friday against LIU-Brooklyn, Silkwood entered with two runners on in the bottom of the sixth and MSU clinging to a 3-1 lead. Silkwood recorded a strikeout to end the threat and after a leadoff hit by pitch in the seventh, retired the next three batters to earn the save. Saturday versus the Blackbirds, she did not allow a base runner until a one-out single in the fifth frame. She struck out six and has not surrendered a walk all year.