Commissioner Mike Slive's Personal Profile
* Full Name: Michael Lawrence Slive
* Born: July 26, 1940
* Hometown: Utica, N.Y.
* Family: Wife: Elizabeth
* Daughter: Anna
* Undergraduate: Dartmouth College - B.A., 1962
* Graduate: University of Virginia - JD, 1965
* Georgetown University - LLM, 1966
* E. Barrett Prettyman Fellowship in Trial Advocacy
Athletic Administration Experience
* 1968-1969 Assistant Director of Athletics, Dartmouth College
* 1979-1981 Assistant Executive Director, Pacific-10 Conference
* 1981-1983 Director of Athletics, Cornell University
* 1991-1995 Commissioner, Great Midwest Conference
* 1995-2002 Commissioner, Conference USA
* 2002- Commissioner, Southeastern Conference
* 1969-77 Partner, Stebbins & Bradley, Hanover, N.H.
* 1972-77 Judge of Hanover (N.H.) District Court
* 1977-79 Judicial Master & Clerk of Grafton County (N.H.) Superior Court
* 1983-86 Founder, Law Offices of Michael L. Slive, Hanover, N.H.
* 1986-91 Partner, Coffield Ungaretti & Harris, Chicago, Ill.
* 1990-91 Senior Partner and Founder, Slive-Glazier Sports Group, Chicago, Ill. & Kansas City, Mo.
Membership on Boards and Committees
* Commission on Athletic Opportunity (Reviewing Title IX) (Appointed by President Bush on 6/28/02)
* NCAA Management Council [1997-2004]
* NCAA Management Council Subcommittee to Review Automatic Qualification
*NCAA Infractions Appeals Committee (Chair) [1993-2002]
*NCAA Football USA (Chair, Board of Directors) [1998-2003]
*NCAA Division I Working Group to Study Basketball Issues [1998-99]
*National Letter of Intent Steering Committee (Chair) [2002-08]
*Collegiate Commissioners Association (President) [2001-03]
*Division I-A Commissioners (Chair) [1999-2001]
*Sports Lawyers Association (Board of Directors) [1997-2001]
*Board of Advisors / Marquette Sports Law Institute [1999-present]
*Bowl Championship Series Coordinator (2006-08)
*NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee (2004-09); Chair (2008-09)